Have you ever been to a crowded event and the line at the bar moves sllllllooooowwwwly? If so, it’s most likely because there were an insufficient number of bartenders working at the gathering.
So, if you’re planning a Riverside CA event, you might be asking yourself: How Many Bartenders Should I Hire for My Riverside CA Event? The standard guideline is that there ought to be 1 Riverside CA Bartender for each 75 visitors for a beer and wine occasion. On the off-chance that you have a full bar at a formal event, we recommend a bartender for each 50 attendees.
Here are five pragmatic tips for keeping the bar line short at your event:
- Have the custom drinks and the white wine passed out at the entry of your event. It’s a pleasant touch and it will reduce the number of party-goers in the bar line.
- Offer pre-event drinks or champagne. Your visitors won’t be as thirsty during the event itself.
- If you’re having a cocktail reception (say at a wedding) have it located inside. In the event that it’s situated outside, your visitors are bound to be thirsty and ready for cocktails sooner rather than later.
- Hang a visible sign indicating which wines are being served, alongside the custom libations (with the attendant ingredients) Doing so will help the attendees decide on their beverage choice before they get to the front of the line.
- The heaviest “bar time” is during the cocktail hour. Consider gently nudging the party planner or caterer to get one of the additional staff workers to work as an extra barkeep (or bar back) during your high bar traffic times
- Place your bar(s) to the corners of the room. Doing so will help alleviate a bottleneck at the entrance of your event.
It’s obviously up to you, but you may consider not having a tip jar at the bar. And if you choose not to have one, the definitely include a nice tip in the bartender’s fee.
We hope this helps you with your decision making in hiring the correct number of Riverside CA bartenders for your event.